Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas surf

I'm grateful for a sister and sister-in-law who inspired me to put on my wetsuit and brave the cold ocean water on Christmas day. I debated it for a long time, but I am glad that my hesitation didn't get the best of me. I decided that I really wanted to go out into the waves, even if I didn't know that I did. And I decided that I would regret it if I didn't. So, I squeezed into my wet suit and took a turn with our fun sized surf board. The water was cold, but not too bad. The waves were really good and I managed to stand up twice, which is an exciting accomplishment for me. Even if I might not have regretted it if I hadn't given it a try, having tried it and having achieved some success, I was glad that I did it. It was one of those occasions where I was glad that I overcame my lazier and less adventurous inclinations and left my zone of inhibiting comfort to realize the excitement of something that I had almost considered too much effort to be worth it.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm glad you went too! It was a lot of fun. And I'm glad I found your blog! It's interesting to read your thoughts. I loved Christmas with you and wish we were still there in Florida. We were able to take the picture on the plane. Thanks so much for it. I love it and it means so much that you would give it to us, and frame it too. Thank you - I love you!