Friday, November 14, 2008

Singapore is a nice place...

I just got my mission call today! I will be serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Singapore mission, which also includes Malaysia. I will be speaking the Indonesian language, which my roommate tells me is Bahasa. It's a weird feeling to finally know where I am going. I had not expected something so exotic. It's exciting!!!! I hardly have a clue about anything regarding the culture or language. So, I'm going to learn a lot! The challenge now will be to focus on finishing up the semester without getting too antsy.

4 comments:

kwistin said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Wow, Kaylie, I didn't even know you'd submitted your papers! That is SOOO exciting! I'm so happy for you! My goodness, you are going to be an outstanding missionary. :)

made sweet said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I also (like kwistin) didn't know that you had turned your papers in. indonesia....so cool! oh my goodness that is so great. you rock.

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!! I heard Talli's roommate pray in Indonesian a couple months ago; it is a beautiful language! You are going to be a great missionary, I can't wait to hear all about it!

brookep said...

Ok this is going to sound a bit strange but long story short my dad was looking for blogs about the gospel and came across your New Testament teachers site or something and I guess it has a list of students. So he started clicking on some and came across yours! I'm also serving in the singapore mission, indonesian speaking! We also got our call the same day! Crazy how my dad came upon your blog! Haha it makes me laugh at how exciting and odd that was...but then again I'm not a real firm believer in just coincidence. So anyways if you want to email me at pettylittle@gmail.com I'd love to chat about this adventure we're about to take! Called to serve! Woohoo! I'm sure you were just as shocked or maybe dumbfounded as I was opening your call. Hopefully we'll chat soon!