Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's all about giving

Here's a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt that my mom shared with me:

"Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give." 

I've been thinking about that lately - how everything that we do somehow affects others, whether it be for good or bad.

Some may think that design or art has little value compared to other vocations, and I am tempted to agree, but it does have great value in the sense that it improves the quality of life and gives enjoyment, although it isn't always noticed or appreciated.

I'm excited to be going into the field of graphic design to contribute to society by improving visual communication and delighting others with pleasing design.

No comments: