Sunday, February 1, 2009

A bit of heaven

Last week I went to Lake Tahoe with my parents.


We skied at their favorite resort: Heavenly.


As we were enjoying the beautiful scenery, my mom thought it would be fun to come up with poems. Here's what I came up with:

A Poem For Heavenly

The snow magnifies the sun in a brilliant white that blinds and mesmerizes.
Trees laden with heavy coats of snow bend stiffly in unison,
Frozen in their downwind stretch.
And a layer of this beautiful stuff softly covers the mountain Heavenly,
Making white fluff to hem the sky and to border the big blue lake.

That probably isn't very good poetry, but I thought I'd give it a try. I think that's the first poem I've written since my creative writing class... or maybe not. I really like Angie's poems, so I thought if I ever expect to be able to compose a poem that well, I better start practicing! My parents wrote poems too and maybe I can get a hold of them and post them too.

No comments: