Some things I sometimes take for granted, or forget to enjoy:
- Warm showers
- The actual existence of showers (have you ever thought what a wonderful invention a shower is? There's something wonderful about showers. The shower is my favorite place to think, and I've come up with some of my best ideas while showering.)
- The ability to hear well (my appreciation of this was especially acute the last few weeks as my ear was clogged after I had a cold. I couldn't help but think of Beethoven and how utterly devastated he was upon losing his hearing).
- The ability to see clearly (thanks to corrective lenses!)
- The ability to smell and taste nice things (such as fruit and chocolate)
- Pretty much the ability to enjoy a well functioning body (unfortunately that isn't something everyone can enjoy and I never know when that might become the case for me. I sometimes wonder what it would be like if I were to somehow suffer an accident that were to take away something as simple as my hearing or the ability to use all of my limbs -- things that I take for granted all the time because I don't usually consider what life would be like without them.)